Saturday, September 8, 2012

The 1st and only African-American Insulin Dependent Diabetic to complete the Ironman Triathlon

“Failure of some form is inevitable, but to simply not Try is inexcusable.” – Aaron G. Perry 2005


From 2000-2003 I watched the Ironman Triathlon from the side lines wishing that I could join this elite group of athletes. In 2004 my doctor advised me that my diabetes was out of control and a change was needed if I wanted to live. Loving life the way I do, I made the commitment to change my lifestyle in a major way. Approximately 364 days later I had transformed my diabetic body into an Ironman Triathlete. I'm proud to say I have become one of the elite athletes, and I hope my presence will inspire others to get up and simply TRI.



Source: http://www.ironmanaaron.blogspot.com/

No comments: